Dr. Edward Cussatti West Islip
Chairman of Department of Bariatric Surgery, Good Samaritan Hospital, West Islip New York.
Dr. Cussatti is a board certified general surgeon with the particular interest in advanced laparoscopy and bariatric surgery for the management of obesity. He is the medical director bariatric surgery at good Samaritan hospital in west Islip Long Island.
Dr. Cussatti has performed over 1300 bariatric procedures including gastric bypass gastric sleeve gastric banding. He is trained in single incision laparoscopic surgery or SILS, which uses especially made medical devices to access the admin through only one point, Usually the bellybutton, resulting is no visible scarring. He also specializes in robotic bariatric and general surgery, utilizing the da Vinci surgical system, An incredible advance in surgical technology that is available to qualified patients.
Education and Training
- General surgery residency at Stamford Hospital/Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Fellowship training in bariatrics and laparoscopic surgery at the University of Pennsylvania
Memberships and Affiliations
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery